Thursday, January 5, 2012

Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf



It's well known within my circle of family and friends that my husband is the chef of the family. I love to bake, and do it quite often, but cooking.... not so much (but believe me, it's not for lack of trying). This, however, is one meal I can cook. Enjoy!

Ingredients
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 - 1 1/4 cup italian bread crumbs
1/2 cup onion, diced
1 (6 oz) can tomato sauce
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1 package bacon
ketchup

In a large bowl mix all ingredients except ketchup with wet hands. Form into loaf and place on baking dish.










Wrap ends of loaf with bacon, then cover diagonally (tucking edges under) until loaf is covered. This loaf was especially large, so the bacon fit straight across, but you normally don't want too much tucked under.









Bake at 350 degrees for about 45-50 minutes or until bacon is slightly crispy. 






Top meatloaf with ketchup (I just squirt right from the bottle) then place back in the oven for another 15-20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.



Slice, serve, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment